Hinge installation does not have to be the same as it was decades ago. In fact, more than 10 decades of mechanical motion control research and engineering design efforts have led to the introduction of a new line of hinges that provide precise control and reliable results every time you open the lid they are installed to manage.
5 Points of Reassurance from Vectis Spring Assist Hinges
The Vectis line of Spring Assist Hinges provides counterbalance engineering with multiple benefits for the user:
- Safety: Heavy lids, some weighing 50 lbs or more, can be tough to manage if you don’t have the right hinge installed. The best way to make sure anyone around your device is safe is to look into spring assist hinges, which make a heavy lid easy enough to lift that it can be accomplished with one finger.
- Flexibility: If you are looking for a soft-open or soft-close lid, a lid that coasts open or closed, or a lid that pops up, Vectis hinges can be designed to fulfill your needs.
- Ease of Lift: A heavy lid does not have to make it challenging to accomplish a task. It also does not have to mean you are risking repetitive strain when you have to open that lid 10 to 20 times per day. Instead, spring-assist hinges like those in the Vectis line make it a simple matter to open the lid, no matter how many times a day you are doing it.
- Heat Resistance: Grills and ovens are only two areas where high-heat resistance is important for the hinge. The hinge needs to maintain its reliability, so it only makes sense that it is developed to be heat-resistant.
- Reliability: These hinges are all-weather resistant and incorporate various techniques and materials to make the hinges corrosion-resistant.
Talk to Our Experts about Design Specifications
Weber Knapp engineers understand the various factors to consider for a new project requiring spring assist hinges. The best way to get moving on your next project is to contact our experts today. You can also learn more about this resource, which helps with Vectis Designs.